background

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wow...  What an AMAZING run!!!  I am still in shock!!!  This was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had as a director. I cannot believe what your children were able to deliver on stage with their acting and vocals!!!  I CANNOT wait to see the DVD's so I can watch both casts and see what the audience saw!!  Tears as I type this.. I have loved directing your children in this production.... It exceeded all my expectations... I hope you were equally as blown away as I was...  

Few things....

DVD Orders
It is not too late to order.. If you still want to order a DVD please bring in your cash, check or use PayPal (steps listed in prior post).  I will close out orders by Monday NEXT week, March 24th... One week left.  I ordered one for the school, and myself personally... Cannot wait to see it!!
Just in case I don't have everyone listed, please respond shoot me an email privately and let me know if you ordered a DVD, how many you ordered and how you paid... Cash, Check or PayPal..  
Jason is ridiculous!!  He said to me on closing night, "I want you to know that I filmed for "every" parent and cast member... I didn't just focus on your six leads in every scene.  I wanted every parent who orders a DVD feel like their child was represented".  He had a camera on stage attached to my floor mic,
he had a camera in front of the sound booth plus he was filming on another camera.  He is SO excited to edit our DVD.  I literally cannot wait to see what he delivers.. You will not be disappointed!!

Cast Party
 DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS WEEK....
There will be an individual cast party for each cast.  Same day, one after the other one.. Haven't chosen the date yet...  On an upcoming Saturday. I would like to show the cast their video, so, it will center around the release of our DVD... Teresa and I have decided on having it at the school on the stage... It will be a potluck, so, every child please bring something... More Details To Follow (check the blog)

Props and Costumes
I am actually at the school now cleaning up my room and stage, putting the props together, and organizing the costumes...

I will be taking pictures of what I have and posting it on the blog so you can see what I have left over...

RED DRESSES for my boylyn sisters.  Sarah Woolston and Emerald Haycock, please return those dresses to me in the music room
ANNIE DRESS and RED WIG.. I have "one" wig and "one" dress returned.. i think it is Breanna's?? Is it Ainsley who still needs to return hers??
MISSING PAJAMAS  If you have any of those beautiful orphan night gowns, please return them to the music room.

TONS OF CLOTHING!! 

I have a TON of clothing which was left in my room, in the bathroom, in and around the stage..Rather then put it in a lost and found in a red and blue costco box in my room, marked Annie.  It is sitting in front of the smart board... There are shoes, skorts, pants, shirts, sweaters, socks, etc... a pink folder.  Too many to email each of you directly.  If you have emailed me looking for things, please come rummage through it... Next Friday March 21st all contents will be put in the lost and found...

Again, check the blog for props that have been left... I have two flashlights (Mr. Welsh, unfortunately one of the flashlights is missing something inside of the lightbulb part.  Don't ask me what child took it apart then  assembled it without all parts.. Let me know if you need me to replace this.. I feel sick about it!!! 
Here is what is left on the tables as of now:
Basket that the apples were in
Plastic apples
3 silver platters
Pillows- Falanchi and Laurence I see your names on one pillow each... (Kyra Dunshee donated tons of old pillows, but, I want to make sure no one else left pillows that need to be returned)
Green scarf used on Warbucks
Wheel Chair (Wirthlin's.  Thank you so much for allowing me to use this for Gabrielle while she was recovering.  I appreciate it more then you will know)
Red Usherette Cap
Black/Grey newsie's hat
Purple Scarf
Red Table Cloth (Hope this is yours)
Table (Hope this is yours)
Awesome flower thing for the Break-a-Leg booth (Hope do you want this back?)
White Lamp (Natalie Pehrson.  This will be in my room, come grab it on Monday)
Yellow tattered teddy bear (anyone claim this or want it back?? if not, I'll keep it for future shows)
Red and Gold winter small santa looking bag
Black/Pink Dog Leash
Dog Noses - fits on the face, over the ears... I'm sorry but one of the elastics broke... It will be an easy fix if you have elastic... Thanks for letting us use it..
Sheets and Bedding... I'm taking everything home to wash them this weekend...(some are the schools)... Did anyone else bring blankets or sheets besides me?
Padding that went on our beds, like a bed roll?? I don't know what it's called.  Yellow Foam that makes a bed more comfy, a couple of these (Wirthlin's your name is on one... Did you bring the other egg shell pad also)
Tie-child's clip on: Dark blue with aquamarine polka dots
White Silk looking Dress shirt... This is not in the lost and found because it looks like it was rented.. It is a button down girls shirt with pretty circular buttons


That's about it for now... I will email or update the blog if I find anything else lying around or if I need to communicate anything further..

Thanks again my friends.. I feel so much closer to not only my students, but to you parents... I love you all!!  Thanks for letting me love, yell at, direct, hug, encourage and play with your children!!!

xoxo Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment